Liberia Single Window For Trade
The Government of Liberia, as part of the WTO Post-Accession Plan, has earmarked the establishment of a Single Window Platform to handle trade transactions and reduce the time and documents to import and export.
The Liberia Single Window for Trade will be a cross-government website that opens a new era for trade facilitation by offering a single portal for trade actors, both Liberian and international, to access a full range of resources and standardized services from different Liberian government trade related MACs. The LSW Trade Platform will facilitate trade by offering a platform for users to:
- Consult trade information online. For example, tariff search, arrived vessels, regulatory guidelines;
- Submit trade documents and track their trade transaction status online;
- Pay online through e-payment facilities using acceptable cards
- Access help-desk, trouble tickets, and other support services online (for registered users)
- Quickly reference important information on different government agencies involved in trade matters, as well as link to their websites through a convenient hub
The Government of Liberia is currently in the process of putting together an Expression of Interest that will lead to a bidding process for the establishment of the LSW Trade Platform.
These initiatives are being coordinated by the Bureau of Trade Services with support from the WTO Liberia Post-Accession Plan Technical Working Group whose membership includes the trade related MACs, as well as, the private sector.