Objectives and Vision
Roles and Functions
- Establish and regulate commodity and trade standards.
- Collect, evaluate, and publish data pertaining to Commerce and Industry.
- Establish and enforce standards for business practices.
- Promote sound dev elopement of foreign and domestic trade.
- Issue Import and Export Permits.
- Control quality of goods and commodity imported into and exported from the Country.
- Implement efficient and effective trade management system including pre-shipment Inspection of imports and exports.
- Monitoring and regulating prices of essential goods.
Structure of the Ministry
The Ministry has three distinct bureaus:
- Bureau of Administration
- Bureau of Commence & Trade and
- Bureau of Industry
The three bureaus are subdivided into 13 Divisions and they are: Personnel, Finance, Electronic Data Processing, Information, and Planning & Research, Foreign Trade, Domestic Trade, Inspectorate, Price Analysis & Marketing, Standards, Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Industrial Development, Industrial Administration & Supervision.